Students interested in working with me
Our laboratory is part of
University of Tsukuba, Faculty of Systems and Information Engineering, Department of Risk Enginnering.
To be admitted to our department, you are required to contact me in advance (also due to the limited number
of students' desks).
In particular, if you are not yet admitted to University of Tsukuba, please send me email.
Sending me email
Please include the following information.
- curriculum vitae
- research topics you worked on so far (which can be unrelated to cryptography)
- your current job (if you are working somewhere)
- research plan for Ph.D. or Masters program (about 700 words in English)
- when you want to be admitted as a reserach student (if you use this system)
- when you want to be admitted as a Master's or Ph.D. student
- academic transcript
- information about your English language proficiency (ex. TOEIC or TOEFL, etc)
- information about your Japanese language proficiency (ex. JLPT, etc)
- how you found me
- why you choose Japan, University of Tsukuba, or me (because of anime? it's OK:-)
- your current plan after your graduation
Please describe your research plan by explaining the relevance to other existing works
rather than describing only what you want to do (i.e., your research plan will have references
including papers you read).
It is often the case that research does not progress as scheduled, so you may change the plan
later and it is OK.
However, preparing the research plan, investigating the related work, and explaining why
your research plan is meaningful to others will make you understand your research topic more deeply.
To find the related work about cryptography, the following international conferences may be a good starting point (although these do not cover all the important conferences).
Crypto, Eurocrypt, Asiacrypt, CCS, PKC, TCC, STOC, FOCS, IEEE Security & Privacy,
ICALP, NDSS, CT-RSA, CANS, ACNS, Financial Cryptography, Indocrypt, ESORICS,
SCN, PoPETs, PQCrypto, ACISP, WPES, etc.
Further this site
will also be useful because there you can find
the files such as the full versions of the papers accepted at
or the latest papers that are going to be submitted to the above international conferences.
Open Campus of Our Department
If you attend
Open Campus in spring and autumn,
you can have a chance to talk with me and other students.
Return to Top page